Voice Conversion Challenge 2020
More information will be announced in January 2020!
We are glad to invite you to participate in the 3rd Voice Conversion Challenge to compare different voice conversion systems and approaches using the same voice data.
The previous challenges can be accessed below:
Tasks of the 3rd Challenge
The objective is speaker conversion, which is a well-known basic problem in voice conversion. We plan to prepare two tasks based on nonparallel training:
More details will be announced in January 2020.
- 1st task: voice conversion within the same language
- In training, a sentence set uttered by the source speaker is different from that uttered by the target speaker, but they are still the same language. Moreover, only a small number of sentences are shared between these two sentence sets.
- In conversion, the source speaker's voice is converted as if it is uttered by the target speaker while keeping linguistic contents unchanged.
- 2nd task: cross-lingual voice conversion
- In training, a sentence set uttered by the source speaker is totally different from that uttered by the target speaker as a language of the source speaker is different from that of the target speaker.
- In conversion, the source speaker's voice in the source language is converted as if it is uttered by the target speaker while keeping linguistic contents unchanged.
The tentative schedule is as follows:
- March 9th, 2020: release of training data
- May 11th, 2020: release of evaluation data
- May 18th, 2020: deadline to submit the converted audio.
- July 20th, 2020: notification of results
How to Participate?
There is no fee for registration. Please register your team at the following page by February 28th, 2020 if you want to participate in the challenge.
- Registration page (preparing)
- Tomoki Toda (Nagoya University)
- Junichi Yamagishi (National Institute of Informatics)
- Tomi Kinnunen (University of Eastern Finland)
- Zhenhua Ling (University of Science and Technology of China)
Contact information: vcc2020__at__vc-challenge.org